Challenge at Home
- Visit your local cemetery to explore your local history. There are lots of ideas on the activity pack here
- Explore your own family history. Learn more about your own family tree; make a family memory book or box.
Challenge at School
During the Covid lockdown in 2021, the Senior Student Leadership Team from Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston were invited to support, along with 3 other CofE Secondary Schools, discussions around the shaping of ‘A vision for the Church of England in the 2020s’, chaired by Andy Wolfe and the Bishop of Durham. Following this, they were invited to contribute to the Faith at Home series and I am delighted to share with you the Secondary Resource that was published in March 2021.
Everyone in St Benet’s (Diocese of Norwich) Multi Academy Trust is incredibly proud of the involvement of these young people but also for the outstanding work they have done. We think you will find some of the views they discuss rightly, very challenging. As Rob Connelly (The Headteacher) put it,
“I am sure you can imagine, to see ASHS students feature and more importantly to hear the messages that they communicate with such passion and confidence fills me with pride. But I must extend my thanks to our Deputy Head, Lucy Smith, for coordinating this at a time when children were working from home and turning this around within 48hrs!”
We are grateful to Rob Connelly at ASHS and to Jonathan Baker at St Peter’s Exeter who gave permission to use this video.
- Tanyalee Davis: Being an Unstoppable Me
- Archaeology at Whimpwell Street
- Have you heard of the Youth STEMM Award?
- From Winterton to Happisburgh – Coastal Erosion
- ‘The Deserving Poor’ – Life in a Workhouse
- Buildings That Tell Stories – Holkham Hall