Skip to content
Challenge at Home
- Upcycle old clothes and use your imagination to dress up in the style of a historical period you are interested in.
- Does your family have any letters, diaries or photographs from the past that you can explore? What do they tell you?
- Do you have a family archive for later in life when someone wants to create your family tree?
- Write a letter to you in 20 years tie to explain what life was like during the Covid lockdown.
- Is there a site of a ruined castle near you?
- Investigate the history of a local street, building or place. Many Tourist Information centres, museums and libraries have lots of information to help you.
Challenge at School
- Examine all the resources on the Paston website.
- See how many Norfolk places you can list with a Paston connection.
- Do you think letters are a reliable record of the past?
- What other families have influenced Norfolk’s history over the years?
- Find out about Norfolk castles
- Investigate the school archives – many schools have their old log books.
- Create a local walk based on the history of your area to share with your community.