Skip to content
Challenge at Home
- Explore other poems about Norfolk.
- Take a notebook out and about with you and jot down ideas to help you to write your own poetry, or write a poem as a family.
- Or even write in the sand.
Challenge at School
- Discuss the poems – have you ever felt like Piers or witnessed the things he describes in the second poem?
- Magpie some of Piers’ ideas and phrases to build your own class or group poem about Norfolk or your local area.
- Ideas to support teaching poetry.
- Watch this video alongside “We are one” and explore the themes of “welcome” and “migration”.
- Use drama to support children and young people know how to stand up against racism.