Skip to content
Challenge at Home:
- Look at the names in your family tree. Has anyone got a name linked to the time of year they were born? Or is there a name that passes down the generations?
- Explore the collective names of animals – test your family!
- Visit your local church and/or war memorials and look at the names. Are there names you would recognise today?
- Explore wood and stone carvings in your local church.
- With adult supervision, try carving a flower or animal in a bar of soap.
- Explore Latin names of flowers – visit your local garden centre or open garden.