Skip to content
Challenges at Home:
- Debate which 5 or 6 photos you would take of your locality to give a sense of place.
- Visit Rackheath and spot the places mentioned in the film.
- Walk around your locality and try to work out when different buildings/estates were developed. Where would you choose to build more houses?
- How has your locality changed – there are thousands of Norfolk photos here!
Challenge at Home
- Explore other poems about Norfolk.
- Take a notebook out and about with you and jot down ideas to help you to write your own poetry, or write a poem as a family.
- Or even write in the sand.
Challenge at School
- Discuss the poems – have you ever felt like Piers or witnessed the things he describes in the second poem?
- Magpie some of Piers’ ideas and phrases to build your own class or group poem about Norfolk or your local area.
- Ideas to support teaching poetry.
- Watch this video alongside “We are one” and explore the themes of “welcome” and “migration”.
- Use drama to support children and young people know how to stand up against racism.