Find out how to make a soundscape at home with Norfolk Music Hub. For this activity you will need access to a free app called “Soundtrap” on a device. If you are under 14 do get permission from an adult to do this before you start.
Challenges at Home
- Can you create a family soundscape using all your voices?
- What sounds are particular to your home to give you a sense of place?
- Make a soundscape inspired by your local area to send to an older sibling or a family member who hasn’t been home recently to remind them of what home sounds like.
- Listen to soundscapes made by others – can you guess the place?
- No technology? Create a body soundscape to accompany your favourite book, “We’re going on a bear hunt” is a good starter for young children.
Challenges at School
- Use your current school topic / class read as an idea for a starting point and create a group soundtrack.
- What is your favourite place in Norfolk? Create a soundtrack to remind you of what it feels like to be there.
- There are lots of ideas for listening and creating music for 7-14 year olds on BBC Ten Pieces.
- Listen to the sound of a Norfolk wood from the British Library.